The sedentary lifestyle is the lack, in the daily live, of moderate physical activity. It appears in industrialized societies, as we design all kind of tools to avoid heavy physical exertion.
You are a sedentary person if you make less than thirty minutes of regular exercise and less than three days a week.
The inactivity should be prevented at an early age, in children, educating them on the importance of proper physical activity.
Healthy eating is also in the line of preventing sedentary lifestyles.
Usually, sedentary people do not recognize the problem until they are in the doctor’s office.
It is necessary that the sedentary person enters on the agenda at least an hour a day to do some kind of physical activity.
Certainly, motivation and perseverance will be necessary to change an unwise habit.
Changes in our everyday attitudes become desirable: taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. All ways to combat inactivity.
According O.M.S. regular physical activity:
- Reduces the risk of premature death.
- It reduces the risk of death from heart disease or stroke.
- Reduces up to 50% risk of cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes or colon cancer.
- It helps prevent high blood pressure.
- It helps to prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
- Reduces the risk of back pain and back pain.
- It contributes to psychological well-being, reduces stress, anxiety, depression and feelings of loneliness.
- It helps control weight by decreasing the risk of obesity.
- It helps develop and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.